OmniCADD, Inc., Custom Software Designers
NFPA, AFSA, Autodesk Registered Developer
- OmniCADD Sprinkler Design Software
- OmniCADD Hydraulic Calculations Software
- OmniCADD Stocklisting and Fabrication Software
OmniCADD SDS is a group of programs that work together to customize AutoCAD to meet the needs of engineers who design sprinkler systems. This section describes a partial list of the capabilities of this program.
With OmniCADD SDS you can:
- Quickly and accurately draw the walls of a building, and make modifications for "custom" areas within the building.
- Work within either a generic warehouse environment in which a sprinkler piping floor plan can quickly be generated, or within a custom environment that gives you total control over all parameters of the sprinkler system you are designing. A drawing may consist of areas that are drawn within both the custom and warehouse environments.
- Access a complete library of all commonly specified components of a sprinkler system, such as nozzles, pipe materials, hangers and the like.
- Generate a complete stocklisting report (Fabrication sheets) directly from within the program, and generate new takeouts and material pricing as often as required by changes in the drawing.
- Accommodate pricing information from up to three vendors and enter user-defined devices into the database.
- Handle errors in drawings easily by "undoing" the insertion of entities and their attributes. This feature also resets environmental variables within the program and ensures that unwanted information is not accidentally left in your drawing.
- Automatically insert General Notes and Symbols, System Design notes, pipe materials, hangers, riser details, and other information.
- Automatically create a title block, and easily enter and edit title information.
- Automatically generate ceiling plans and lighting grids for a variety of standard lighting and unlimited custom configurations.
- Insert hangers, and automatically calculate their length and placement.
- Automatically layout the piping sprinkler system, heads and attachment of piping to heads and fittings.
- Automate existing hydraulics software.
- Make calculations for system weight and volume (dry pipe systems, shipping weight, etc.)
The program structure of OmniCADD SDS is based on generic user input so that all material items developed in the future will work with OmniCADD SDS.
Some of the Features that make OmniCADD HCS the best hydraulic calculation program on the world market today:
- Unlimited Amount of Nodes, Pipes, Pumps, and Sources
- Unlimited Searching and Editing Possibilities
- Automatic Peaking of Remote Area
- Automatic Generation of the Tree and Grid Systems
- OmniCADD System Builder
- 3D Graphic Support with Zoom, Pan and Rotation Functions
- Complete Data Base Support for Pipes, Fittings, and Valves
- All Unit Systems including Imperial, Metric, and Any Custom
- Friendly and Easy to Use Interface
- Customizable Printout
- Fastest Calculation Program on the market
- Databases for materials, pricing information, manufacturer and distributor information including part numbers.
- Creating custom stocklisting projects.
- Extracting or updating stocklisting projects from the OmniCADD SDS drawing files.
- Rounding pipe lengths.
- Switching between U.S. Imperial and Metric systems within a session.
- Changing between currencies in the pricing forms.
- Multiple manufacturer and distributor pricing information.
- Customizable printout preview, plain text format, email support.
- Graphical (screen and reports) representation of welded pipes.
- Visual editing of welded pipes.
- Fast and accurate fabrication procedure.
- Scrap optimization in the fabrication portion of the program.
- User-defined standard length and waste per cut values.
- Using nonstandard scrap piping during optimization.
- Graphical (screen and printout) representation of cut pipes.
- Center-to-center and running dimensions in the printout forms.
- Labels printout.
- Price optimization.
- Working with assemblies.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, Me, 2000, XP, single user and network versions of Database program.